Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas from Arlington, TX. We were lucky to get here. It snowed 19 inches in Alexandria on Saturday, Dec. 18th and we were leaving for TX on Christmas day. We spent Xmas eve with Beth Morresay's family having lasagna for dinner. Had a good time talking to them and the Hamiltons. Xmas day was supposed to be icy, but the sleet held off until after we left VA. Then we arrive at DFW to find SNOW on the ground! We cannot get away from the white stuff. Fortunately the snow melted quickly.

Air travel has become incredibly tedious. The security is tenuous at best and the experience is not much different that riding a Greyhound bus at this point. I had a guy in front of me who tried to punch his way too over filled bag into the overhead bin. He finally managed to get it in after about 10 minutes of holding everyone up behind him. Then after we lifted off, he spent the rest of the flight with the top of his head on my chest; having reclined his seat as far back as possible. When I finally asked him if he could push forward a bit, he looked at me like I'd called him a selfish, pig headed Jack off. Maybe my thoughts were shown on my face.

Never the less we got here and are staying with Karen's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment